9.19.2011

Fall :(

Usually FALL would be followed by a happy face but in Southern California, fall really does not exist.  I was at Target the other day and was maybe-kinda-sorta listening to a lady on the phone who was raving to the person on the other end about what a perfect fall day it was.  In reality it was nothing like fall at all, it was 90 degrees, super sunny and no rotting plant breeze was blowing leaves anywhere!  You can even see how sunny it was by looking at my Burbank Target picture in a previous post.   This ladies ignorance for the season made me realized I needed to post how you make fall happen when you are in the wrong climate.  You can do this by...


Lighting a pumpkin scented candle and eating Limited Edition pumpkin pie pop-tarts. 


Drinking a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks.


Asking everyone you know to ship you Blueberry Donuts from White House Fruit Farms in Canfield, Ohio.   Seriously the.best.donut.in.the.whole.world.




Making a fruit crisp like The Delicious (Yes, I named my peach crisp The Delicious.  Yes, we devoured it before I could even take a picture).

Here's the top secret super easy recipe for The Delicious...

1 can (29 oz.) peach slices, drained
2/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup oatmeal
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/3 c. butter, softened

== Throw the drained peaches into the bottom of a greased 8x8 baking pan.  Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl, I use a fork to incorporate all of the butter evenly throughout the mixture.  Pour the remaining ingredients over the peaches.  Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.==  Easy, Peezy, Fo-Sheezy! 


The next steps in my quest for fall...
-Buy a giant blanket, get my fan (to produce a temperature where a blanket is OK) and curl up on the Love Sac (totally awesome giant bean bag) and read the rest of the Lord of the Rings series. 
-Pick out a Pumpkin, carve it and toast the seeds!  
-Look up pictures of ariel views of the best corn mazes ever.  


I miss you fall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment